Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Lemonade AND Christmas?

Lemonade AND Christmas?  An odd combo I know, but that is what I felt like working on all weekend and so I did.  :)
I also worked on my very first quilt pattern and it is SO close to being done, but I do have to finish the binding and then take some photos before I publish it (I'll have it for sale on Craftsy).  I am so excited, but very nervous at the same time.  I think my nerves are getting the better part of me and that is why I just can't seem to put the final touches on the quilt and the pattern.  Has this ever happened to you?

Because of my reluctance to finish that pattern, I worked on a couple of other projects this weekend.
I made two more blocks of my Midnight Lemonade quilt from the Holiday Wishes book.  I only have one more to go before I have completed all of the blocks in the pattern.  There is a good chance I will repeat a few blocks to increase the size of the quilt.

I think my points are improving with these blocks.



Speaking of the Holiday Wishes book...
I knew that I wanted to make a table runner for our office gift exchange this year and I saw the All Snowed In pattern in there and pulled out the Juniper Berry Jolly Bar pack that I had, and sure enough, if I made each block different, it would work.  So, I got to cutting and sewing and it is turning out great.  It's not done yet, because I started it pretty late on Sunday, but I am thinking that it (Along with my pattern quilt binding I swear!) will get done this week.


I think I will find some way to use the rest of the pack for placemats or a smaller matching runner for a side table.  I haven't decided yet.

Linking up with:
Linky Party Tuesday
Let's Bee Social
Needle and Thread Thursday
Fabric Frenzy Friday

4 comments:

  1. Your Holiday Wishes look great. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt and quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second block a lot! Good luck getting your pattern finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks, don't be nervous about your first pattern, looking at your work, you obviously know what you're talking about! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. I also try to make sure I respond to the no-reply bloggers within the post, but that is a bit harder to keep track of.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!