New projects and upcoming surprises

I have been working on a few different things lately besides getting ready for my retreat this week.

The first thing is a few little gifts for a You Tube channel crew that i have grown to enjoy immensely.  They are in Ireland and I will do an entire post once they receive the package.  So, I will write more about them in that post.
Sneak peek:



Hi, My name is Jen and I have a crafty addiction.
Last weekend I could not get it out of my head that I wanted to learn how to needle felt.  My mom started awhile ago and it seemed like a lot of fun, and something to check out one day. Then I woke up Saturday morning and the thought would not leave my brain.  I became obsessed.  And it is fortunate (or unfortunate) that I live less than five minutes away from The Pendleton Wool Mill.  I went down and browsed all the pretty wool things.  And I bought a huge grab bag of wool.  And some needles.  SOOO addicting!  It was so much fun.  I know!  I know!  It isn't like I have all kinds of free time to fill in.  I am busy enough.  The struggle is real people!  On the plus side, I have no interest in scrap-booking.  Hahaha

Here is what I came up with that first weekend:

Not bad for my first try.

Joltik (I think that is how you spell it)

Now my son wants me to make all kinds of Pokemon creatures.  
I am working on putting together an Etsy shop with my mom and wasn't sure how selling licensed characters in a new form worked.  I know I have seen things out there, but I wanted the facts for myself.  Help me Google.  How do you phrase a question like that?  How about "Making a famous character with crafts to sell".  Sounds like magical Google would at least make an effort for that.  Oh it made an effort alright!  Funniest auto-correct ever!



Ooops!  This might be news to some, but most of us already know what getting into crafty hobbies can do to a person.  :)

And with that, I will leave you to continue your quilting and crafting!  




Comments

  1. That Google search. 😂😂😂 Cute little characters for your first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good on scrapbooking...how do you feel about knitting :P Those felt critters are adorable. Now I'm curious to what needle felting is, gonna have to youtube it. Your google search/spell correction literally made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL! I needed to start the day with a grin, and you merrily provided it with that autocorrect fun. I was at a retreat where a girl made the most gorgeous purse using needle felting. I've resisted still...love the comment about fitting real people into your life, I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your whale! I will be chuckling all day about the Google search. A78mandel at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolphin turned out great. I took a needle felting class a couple of years ago and made a swan. I hated that class in the beginning but at the end it turned out to be the one I enjoyed the most that week at craft camp. I should write a post about that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha love the autocorrect, i tried felting once, i looked like something my dog had ate, yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! That whale is the cutest! And I let out a serious guffaw when I read your search results. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny Google! Love the whale and when I saw the second creature, I thought, "Man that looks like a Pokemon!" so great job! Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Google really missed the mark! Love that whale. Good luck on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son would love those creatures, but I do hope you'll save your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, I have some of the same green fabric and knew it was St. Patrick's day related :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my lord, that is the funniest thing I've seen today! And I love the whale. I completely sympathize with the waking up with an idea in your head and it just WON'T GO AWAY. I have a Halloween potholder because of it!

    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!