June Color Challenge Block - Purple

Oh, I love purple.
I always have.  I remember when I was quite young and I had only one younger sister we would get matching things.  The same winter coat, the same stuffed animal, the same set of jammies.  But of course they still had to be different.  And I always got the purple and my sister would get the pink (I think she got the pink, I didn't pay too much attention to that part). :)

I love both the blue side of purple and the red side of purple.  I even like pastel purple on occasion.
Needless to say, I have a little bit of purple in my stash and I was excited to dig into my bin of scraps to see what I could come up with for June's Monthly Color Challenge Block.

I loved these purples as I was piecing the block, but now that I am looking at the photos, I realize I should have opted for a little more contrast.  Maybe I'll make it again before I choose my final layout for the blocks.  Only time will tell....





My pinwheel points are something I really need to work on.  Especially with blocks this small.  I'll have to add that to the "Back to Basics" list I have been working on.

As usual, you can find the pattern for this block over on Jen's blog at Patterns by Jen.

This month the Art Gallery will be giving away a fat quarter bundle, so make sure to make your own purple project and link up at Patterns by Jen!!



And of course, don't forget to visit the other bloggers that will be doing their own purple projects.  Some of the same block, and maybe some new ones too.  :)

Patterns By Jen
Dizzy Quilter
Powered By Quilting
Masterpiece Quilting
Quilts by Joanne
Clever Chameleon Quilting

Comments

  1. Wow I love that swirly fabric! The block design might be more subtle than you had intended, but boy is it luscious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, the subtlety of the pinwheel is amazing. This in a full quilt would be so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fossil fern is dreamy. I think I might have a tiny piece of that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jen- your block looks so dreamy in those fabrics! they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!