Dreams Coming True

When I started blogging a few years ago, I also started reading more blogs.  Which was a very good thing.  I have learned so much from reading about other peoples experiences and quilting adventures.  I have also learned (and bookmarked) how to build a pressing table, how to build a design wall, and how to organize my stash so it looks pretty for all to see.
One thing came out of all that blog reading that was not so great though.  The dreaded "sewing room envy".  The last few years I have been living in 2 very small apartments.  My sewing space was limited to my bedroom and my stash has mostly been tucked away in plastic totes.  It was always crowded and messy and I was frequently overwhelmed when trying to plan a project or lay something out.  It was hard seeing all of these spaces I wanted for myself, but was unable to even consider.....
Until now. :)
That's right.  As of this weekend I have my very own sewing room.  And it will be sewing and crafting only.  No bed. No other storage. And I can paint it any color I want and hang things on the wall without being charged.  My excitement can hardly be contained. :P



And because I have waited so long for this and have so many ideas that will take up room.  I am using the master bedroom.  Ha!  It isn't much bigger than the room next to it, but enough that I feel a little "unconventional" doing it.  But why not right?

The photos aren’t much to look at yet.  Beautiful floor, not so beautiful walls.  Painting is at the top of my list.  I’m leaning towards something similar to Kona Oasis or Breakers.

As I begin this process I have been Pinteresting like mad, but I still seek ideas from people I know.  What is the favorite part of your own sewing room?

Comments

  1. what utter joy. A solid floor,a solid wall for the design board, good lighting with a big window, I would have pale walls, and then you can have quilts and more hanging there with no distraction from a brighter colour. Enjoy every minute there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting. Just take your time and wait for just the right thing. It will come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! How fun! Take time to think about how you work, rather than thinking the room has to look like what you've seen. Lighting is key. I went from a dark wall color to a light and it made all the difference, but we also changed the lighting. The other thing I wish I had -- a big design wall. Take your time, think it through, and do what YOU like. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cutting counter made with cubbies we bought at the home improvement store is my absolute favorite, next would be the U shape kitchen counter we installed into my sewing room. It holds a knitting machine, 2 sewing machines, my Accuquilt Go, and room for other stuff too;) You will have so much fun organizing and building your sewing room. Be sure to show us as you go along!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cutting table is a favourite as well. It's a simple desk/table from Ikea that has sturdy legs and a hand crank that can adjust the table height so I have it at a good cutting height for myself. I also really love my sewing table which has a large surface and allows me to drop the machine down into the table. It's all about ergonomics for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, I’m so happy for you. Your sewing room will be great. The thing I love the most about my sewing room is my moveable cutting Island. It’s a cutting table that can be anywhere I want it in the room. Right now it sits in the middle of the room so I can slam around it to cut from any angle without having to move the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO excited for you! The thing I love most (when I get it back, that is is) is a double design wall so I can have several things going on at once. Yvonne Fuchs at Quilting JetGirl told me all she does is pin up a large piece of batting for her design wall. It's perfect! Zero labor involved and it works perfectly. Nobody ever notices it's just batting, they only see the beautiful blocks up on the wall. If I ever change my mind about what I want up on my wall or if I decide I only want one design wall, I won't have to deal with figuring out what to do with a large solid piece of design wall, I'll just unpin the batting. Congratulations and welcome to the world of home ownership !

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you for having your own permanent sewing space! Heck yeah, use the master bedroom! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

  9. This are new articles style for you. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท You can find some new idea on this. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete

  10. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท
    This are such great articles. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท I appreciate for reading my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate your support on this.
    Look forward to hearing from you soon.
    I’m happy to answer your questions, if you have any.


    คาสิโน

    เล่นบาคาร่า

    คาสิโนออนไลน์

    คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!