Secret Projects Galore

I wasn't sure if I was going to manage to get a post out this week.  I just couldn't decide if I had anything to share.  I haven't spent too much time at my machine, and what time I HAVE spent there has been on projects that are secrets.  Whether they be gifts or projects for a future hop or a new pattern.
I thought and I thought about what kind of images are ok to share on each of these types of projects.
Here is what I have decided...
For the gifts, I am not going to show a thing until they arrive at their new homes.  They are surprise gifts and I don't want to give anything away.  :)

For the hops, there are two of them.
The first one is a Mini Shadow Block  quilt along/blog hop hybrid that Janice from Color, Creating and Quilting and I decided to do for these couple of weeks.  You can join in and read all about it HERE.  I highly recommend joining us even if you don't have a blog or are worried about the deadline.  It is a super fun mini to make in a day that is a great gift idea or something to brighten up your wall space.  Janice whipped together this super cute button based on the image that Debora used for her tutorial.  Grab it on my sidebar with the html code and add it to your blog.


You can also use the hashtag #shadowminiquilt on Instagram.

The second is that fabulous #2016Cloud9Block blog hop that I have been able to make via the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers group.
I can't share too much, but here is some eye candy of the gorgeous fabrics I am working with...so soft and pretty *sigh*:


And, last but not least is my very own pattern.  I am sewing along with a few other testers on my FIRST pattern.  I am hoping to have it up in a Craftsy shop by the end of September.  I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have a pattern to share.  I have a feeling I will be adding more and more to my shop.  

So many squares! 



So, that is it for this week.  I am hoping to have a bit more to share with you next week.

As I am a bit late with my post this week, I am not sure where I will be linking up, but at least:

Needle & Thread Thursday
Fabric Frenzy Friday
Finished or Not Friday

Comments

  1. Oh! I love your fabric choices! Recently I have had a crush on dot fabric and dot projects! It will be exciting to see what you are making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dots too. They are always so much fun. I want to say at one point I had these dots in several colors(it has been quite awhile), but this one was left and was just calling out to be in this pattern. I even had the exact yardage required.

      Delete
    2. Now THAT'S a quilt that's meant to be!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color palettes - the cloud9 fabrics and your own pattern squares. I'm looking forward to seeing your pattern. That first one is difficult to get finished, but your skill as a pattern writer will grow the more you keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! I had no idea you were writing a pattern! AWESOME!! I love those fabrics you chose. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your pattern. Love the fabrics you've chosen, and I can't wait to see it! My shadow quilt is progressing nicely, and I've almost got my Cloud9 block done. Isn't this fun?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!