Cooler weather means more quilting time

With the cooler temperatures starting to roll in, thoughts of curling up under a lovely home-made quilt fill my thoughts.  I know many people that get this feeling in September and October.  As much as I hate to see the summer leave us yet again, I do spend a lot more time at my machine when it is cool and dark out.

I am also hoping to have a lot more to share blog-wise.  I am really, really going to try to start blogging every Monday again.  I PROMISE!!  :)

This weekend I was able to almost finish a quick quilt for a friend of a friend that tragically had a house fire and lost everything.  I don't know them, but I knew that I needed to work on something like this to get my mojo back.  And I am sure they could use some replacement items.

I had most of these blocks leftover from a quilt I made some time ago and they were just in a box on the shelf, so I added a couple more colors and started chain piecing blocks. It came together pretty quickly with a little sewing done most nights.  I am about 3/4 the way done with the quilting and I finally decided on the darker teal color after polling friends and family on Facebook and Instagram.  If I get enough time this week, then I should have it done by Monday and I'll share the completed version.






Happy Quilting Everyone!

Comments

  1. Super fabrics and the teal, a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen that is so thoughtful of you to make a quilt for someone you don't know. They will treasure it and it is a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a kind and generous gift to make for people who are going through such a hard time right now. I love the thread selection that you chose and I hope it finishes up easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, those colors are gorgeous. What a great use of your extra blocks, to help someone that could use some love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so much the last few weeks about things being just things and that preservation of life is what matters. I agree with that, but things are triggers for memories and I think that is what makes losses so devastating. Also, loss of basic things makes life difficult indeed. Your quilt will address both of these by giving a lift to spirits, building new memories and giving tangible comfort. Such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have fun auditioning my thread choices. The teal you picked is a winner. How thoughtful to make for someone who has lost everything. The color variety in your scrap blocks has the advantage that the finished quilt will blend in with whatever decor palette they choose to rebuild with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt with a wonderful thoughtful gesture. I'm sure your friend will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMM! Loving the colors on this quilt. Those threads are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these colors! What a fun quick quilt to get back to! Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!