The Plan

There are still three weeks to go before 2018 and I am anxious to start on my sewing/quilting plan already.  
We can't help but use January 1st as a day to re-evaluate and organize.  It is just part of our culture it seems.  Although in parts of my life I try to say "Just start today, why wait?", my 2018 quilting plan cannot be started too early.  Mostly because I still have stuff I need to do before Christmas.  *Cutting it just a little close here*
But also because a lot of my 2018 plan is based around monthly quilting.  I'll be joining Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation on her Classic Meets Modern Quilt A Long!  


I fell in love with this quilt the minute I saw it and I was beyond excited when I learned she was doing a Block of the Month style Quilt A Long for it.  I am struggling with fabric choices for this one.  I am still trying my hardest to not buy any new fabric, or at least not fabric for an entire quilt.  I have a couple of choices, but nothing is screaming at me.  What do you guys think?
  • Pinks, Oranges, White - Think Cherry Blossoms and Spring time
  • Mixed prints in Gold, Teal, Plum, White
  • Black and White with one color tone-on-tone in it
  • Neutrals & Browns
  • Dark Purple & Charcoal greys with a little golden yellow 
It is a tough decision for sure.  I need to be ready by January though because that is when the first block is made.  You should consider checking it out and joining us.  It is going to be an amazing quilt and lots of fun too!  

Our Bee Inspired group has decided to continue on for another year and so I will have new blocks each month for that as well.  We had such a good time exchanging blocks.  We are all so easy going and forgiving that it makes it much less stressful than an intense Bee with lots and lots of people.  There are so few of us and I think we would consider each other friends, so we all have a really good time with it.

There are a few other things I will be doing in 2018, but I will have to cover those next time.  :D
Happy Quilting!



Comments

  1. The pinks, oranges, and white speaks a lot to me, but it's probably because you describe it as cherry blossoms and spring time - winter is not my favorite season. ;) I hope you get everything on your list done for Christmas with time to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I'll be joining in on the QAL also. I love Kelly's patterns and have made several of her quilts. I also am trying to decide on fabrics. I'm liking the black and white with pops of colors which I have a lot in my stash. It also helps that I'm done with my quilt top for the Splash of Color QAL. So many choices for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jen, why did you have to post this? Joking of course. I am a sucker for quilts like this one. I may have to stew on it a bit. I think any of those color combos would look amazing in this quilt. I can't wait to see what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like option 2, Jen. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold, teal plum white! These sound like my newly learned word . . . tertiary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun! I'm drawn to your gold, teal and plum option as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like fun. I'm drawn to your dark purple and charcoal grays, but I'd love to see pinks instead of yellows. Looking forward to seeing your blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project to work on next year. I'm drawn to the black and white with pops of color. It is outside of my comfort zone and would be fun to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Janice and Paige, your mixed prints in plum, teal. and gold sands wonderful. I have too much to do to join in with the quilt along, and I'm looking forward to getting my life back after Gypsy Wife took over, but I will be following along and watching your progress with interest. I love our bee too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous project for 2018. My vote is for Pinks, Oranges and White. if you are not sure how these colors will look together, may I suggest taking a look at The Queen's Necklace quilt. Here is a link - http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/2016/06/a-queens-necklace.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!