Classic Meets Modern and Baby!

I finally finished my new niece's baby quilt.  Two days after she was born.  That is a win in my book.  Not like she needed it in the hospital anyway.
So, without further ado....
Baby Aurora Elaine:

Please ignore that quilt pucker and focus on my cute niece!



She makes the quilt look so giant.  It really isn't that big.  Large crib size I would say.  Isn't she just the sweetest lil' punkin you have have seen?  *I may be biased*

On another note:
The Classic Meets Modern Block of the Month Quilt A Long with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation  has begun!!!
I finally decided on my fabrics, although not which fabric will be which yet.  I'll probably do the solid black for the background, but the rest....who knows.   Here they are:




Please ignore the dog hair...it will be removed when sewing.  :D


Oh so gorgeous!  I can't wait to get started on this one!!


Comments

  1. Precious baby and pretty quilt! Love your fabric choices for the quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby, lovely name, how old is she on her quilt? Lovely colours, suits Aurora Elaine to a T !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a healthy and beautiful Niece, and of course on the quilt finish. I can envision the many years of use and love she is going to get from the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a cutie pie niece! Gorgeous stripe fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, she makes the quilt look giant! And yes, she's the cutest little pumpkin for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great quilt and a cute model to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are just so many beautiful photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt for Aurora is adorable! Love your fabric pull, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious baby and beautiful quilt! Don't worry -- she'll "grow into" that baby quilt and it will be just the right size to drag around the house when she's a toddler.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!