Modern Plus Sign Quilts Book Blog Hop

When Cheryl, of  Meadow Mist Designs, and Paige, of Quilted Blooms  invited me to make a quilt from their new book Modern Plus Sign Quilts I was absolutely ecstatic!  I know both of these ladies to be extremely talented quilters and designers and I could not wait to see what they had put together this time around.



You can purchase the book here:
Signed Copies

Hard copy or digital:

They had asked me which of the 16 quilts in the book I would like to make and I just COULD NOT CHOOSE. There is a pretty good chance I will make at least half of the quilts in here!!  I ended up making Plus Surround.  This pattern was so amazingly well thought out!  I was a teeny bit intimidated because I had never tried anything like it before.  But, it was so straight-forward, that there was zero stress once I got started making it.  The size of the quilt is just perfect for a bed topper or a large throw.  
Although I don't have the quilting skills to do anything fancy with the quilting, this particular design would be the perfect pattern to show off an elaborate quilting motif if that is something you are looking for.  

I was really lucky and we had one day where the ground wasn't a muddy mess and I could take my quilt outside for a super quick photo session (hence the lack of decent pressing ahead of time).  










There are other quilters on the hop today (and yesterday, and tomorrow)  :)  Make sure you check them out.  These patterns are so versatile that everyone will have a different take on them.  Also, make sure to check out Cheryl's and Paige's blogs every day too.  They have giveaways!!!!!

Here is the schedule:
Monday, March 12th
Paige @ Quilted Blooms

Tuesday, March 13th
Kitty @ Night Quilter
Sophie @ Luna Lovequilts
Afton @ Quilting Mod

Wednesday, March 14th
Jayne @ Twiggy and Opal
 Jen @ A Dream and a Stitch   You are Here
Abigail @ Cut & Alter
Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl
Sandra @ mmm! quilts
Karen @ Run Sew Fun


Thursday, March 15th

Bernie @ Needle and Foot
Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty


Friday, March 16th
Izzy @ Dizzy Quilts
Christa @ Christa Quilts

Monday, March 19th
Jessica @ Quilty Habit

Tuesday, March 20th
Katherine @ Sew Me Something Good

Wednesday, March 21st
Anja @ Anja Quilts

Thursday, March 22nd
Joanne @ Quilts by Joanne

Friday, March 23rd
Paige @ Quilted Blooms

Comments

  1. Jen, you version of Plus Surround is awesome! Love the blues on white! Looks like you had the perfect day for a photo shoot! It looks fantastic in the sun! Thank you for taking part in the book hop! We really appreciate your contribution to the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful version of Plus Surround. I'm partial to blue myself, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The darker crosses set off the others so well, love the photo shoot outdoors, the two on that large seat are my pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a blue and white quilt, Jen! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors & quilting - very nice! Thank you for sharing, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the classic look of your version of this pattern. What did you use on the back -- more of those gorgeous blues?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! This quilt reminds me of a comfy cozy pair of blue jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful version!! I love the blues against the crisp white, what a great combination. Thank you again for being part of the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, the blues are perfect with that white background. Some of my favorites all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt it’s wonderful to see how unique each of these projects finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt it’s wonderful to see how unique each of these projects finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing it in indigo! Great day for quilt photos! A+

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blues are a wonderful option for this quilt! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is gorgeous, love all the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nicely done! Your quilt looks so nice and comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your version with all the blues!! I hope to be able to take mine outside someday soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blue and white quilt really speaks to my heart. And I love the simple quilting. Many of the other beautiful quilts on the hop have really dense quilting, which is intimidating to me. Your quilt is an inspiration because I know I can and will do this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I would like to try this quilt design. I love your color choices, blue has always been my favorite color. It is fun to see your creativity, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh! Blues are my favourite colour and to see this in three shades is wonderful! I totally agree that I won't be making just one, probably half of these quilts right?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very nice version of this quilt. I love blue and a blue and white quilt is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks so pretty in the blue. I am light quilter myself, and I think your light quilting showcases the design and the prints. I also like the second photo :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite color! Blue and white make such a perfect combo in quilts. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful and classic in blue and white! Congrats on a gorgeous finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your use of colour in this quilt Jen, it's a lovely version of the pattern. A great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the quilting lines that radiate out. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the different shades of blue on the white, beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely job! So glad it worked out weatherwise so you could get a photo of this wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful quilt! It's nice to see the variety of photos - it helps to get an idea of size and scale. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your quilt in the classic blue and white. Beautiful! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Blue is my favourite colour, and I am always drawn to blue and white quilts. This is no exception

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!