Catching up on Bee Blocks

Last weekend was spent at my sewing machine playing catch up.
As most of you faithful readers know, my quilting life has been an overwhelming mess and I have been getting next to nothing actually finished.  

Picture a deer in headlights covered in piles of fabric.  

I haven't been making the time to blog or focusing on getting projects on my list actually done.
I decided last week that trend had to STOP and I had to get back to enjoying my quilting time.  

So, I wrote up a list of all the little things I needed to do and what I was behind on in order of easiest finish to "should be done this year, but haven't started yet".  Then it was time to stop planning and start doing.

Of course at the top of the list were single blocks.  Blocks for the lovely quilters in my Bee Inspired quilting Bee group came first. I have been a very poor BeeMate this year so far and I am determined to finish the year being punctual and earning back the respect of my BeeMates so they don't boot me out next year. 

I had two to get done (April and May).  Both great blocks.
Emily - The Darling Dogwood - had us doing some paper-piecing.  I have been wanting to work on this skill for awhile now and this was a great block to do it.  Just enough difficulty to make me work for it.  :)
    





I plan to make a few more blocks from this pattern and quilt them as minis for my wall and to give to a few friends.  They are so much fun.  :)

The second block (May) was something just as fun.  Velda - Freckled Fox Quiltery - asked us to all make her some cake!  :)

So, I give you a lovely Marionberry Chiffon cake:


And a Raspberry/Coconut Ice Cream cake:


I can't wait to see all the delicious goodies together!
I have grand plans of quilting more this weekend and continuing along my path of finishing projects and making progress.  
Happy Quilting!

Comments

  1. Wow! two cakes! And they both look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your blocks. The cake ones will make a fun quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks look great and way to go breaking down your to-do list to make it easy to get started. I hope you find a lot of motivation as you cross items off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be the life of the party with two cakes! Nice job on all the bee blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cakes are amazing! The fabulous star has arrived and I love it--and I used the same red in my block, so they match!!! So funny when that happens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!