September Color Challenge Block - Red-Violet

I must say I really, really enjoyed making this month's block for the Monthly Color Challenge.
If you haven't followed along this year, you can check out the full list at Patterns by Jen. She has done an amazing job coming up with fun patterns to share and a link-up each month for blocks made in the chosen color.  

For September, the color is Red-Violet.  I am just in love with this block.  To be honest with you, it is not one I would have initially picked.  Blocks like this have just never caught my eye in the past.  But after making this 6" version and ooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over the corners and points, I am kind of planning an entire quilt with this block in a rainbow of colors.  What do you think?  Rainbow, with each block being a color?  Or totally scrappy?

Maybe you could make one too.  Jen has the pattern over on her site and she is sharing it with everyone!! Thank you Jen!


There must have been magic involved when I made this block because I am so happy with it.  Just looking at these photos now is enough to get me super excited about the quilting weekend I am going to spend with friends starting today.


Do you know what is also great about trying out this block pattern (or another of your choosing) in these gorgeous colors?  Prizes.
Yup, if you link up at the end of September (again at Patterns by Jen) you are eligible to win a fabric bundle from Phat Quarters Fabric!!





And as always, don't forget to visit the other blogs that have made this block or maybe another one (with a free pattern?) 


Comments

  1. lovely purples, and another super block design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your block...and the thing I like the most about it is that it does not have a strong amount of contrast in it. It moves from section to section with subtlety which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your block is beautiful! I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at your points girl! hope you are proud. they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have remarked some very interesting points, thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are so pretty and perfectly fall-ish! I love the soft look to them.??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments from you. It makes my day. I try to respond to each and every comment via email. Unless of course you are a no-reply blogger because I don't have a way to respond to you, but I appreciate and read the comments just as much.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Quilting!